Y. S. Chandrashekhar (born April 30, 1960) is a board-certified Indian-born American cardiologist in Minneapolis, Minnesota. He is a Professor of Cardiology at the University of Minnesota.
He is also the Chief of Cardiology at the Minneapolis VA Hospital, an Associate Editor for the Journal of the American College of Cardiology, and, since March 2017, the Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of American College of Cardiology: Cardiovascular Imaging Journal. He was one of the first researchers to describe adult subacute mountain sickness.
Y. S. Chandrashekhar Facts
- Full Name: Y. S. Chandrashekhar
- Age: 62 years old
- Date of Birth: April 30, 1960
- Place of Birth: Pune, India
- Occupation: Cardiologist
- Nationality: Indian, American
Y. S. Chandrashekhar Medical School & Residency
- University of Minnesota – Fellowship, Cardiovascular Disease, 1995-1998
- B.J. Medical College , University of Pune – Medical School
Y. S. Chandrashekhar Career
Chandrashekhar finished medical school at the BJ Medical College in Pune, India, his hometown. After that, he spent a significant amount of time at the Post Graduate Institute in Chandigarh, India, where he published a ton of work. He worked as an assistant professor of medicine at the University of Minnesota in 1998–1999, an associate professor from 2000–2006, and a professor starting in 2007 till the present.
Chandrashekhar served as the chair of the Cardiology Merit Review study section of the VA and is a member of the World Heart Federation’s Scientific and Policy Advisory Committee. Additionally, he contributed to the 2015 COCATS 4 multimodality imaging guidelines as one of its authors, and he has written for numerous medical journals.
The American College of Cardiology has recognized Chandrashekhar as a fellow.
Certifications & Licensure
- American Board of Internal Medicine – Certified in Advanced Heart Failure and Transplant Cardiology
- American Board of Internal Medicine – Certified in Cardiovascular Disease
- MN State Medical License – Active through 2023
- Minneapolis Veterans Affairs Health Care SystemMinneapolis, MN
Location & Contact Information
Y S Chandrashekhar Md
111C 1 VETERANS Dr
Minneapolis, MN 55417
Data provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Balloon atrial septostomy in infants with transposition of the great arteries (d-TGA): PGIMER experience.
- Hypoxia-induced microRNA-424 expression in human endothelial cells regulates HIF-α isoforms and promotes angiogenesis.
- Balloon dilatation of double-chamber right ventricle.
- Antistreptokinase antibodies before and after streptokinase therapy in patients with acute myocardial infarction from areas endemic for streptococcal infection and influence on reperfusion rates.
Y. S. Chandrashekhar Net Worth
Y. S. Chandrashekhar has an estimated net worth of $6 million.