William Binder, M.D., FACS (born June 28, 1947) is a board-certified American cosmetic, plastic, and reconstructive surgeon in Beverly Hills, California. He is popularly known for the discovery of the use of Botox to alleviate chronic migraine in 1992.
William Binder Facts
- Full Name: William Jay Binder
- Age: 75 years old
- Date of Birth: June 28, 1947
- Occupation: Plastic Surgeon
- Nationality: American
10 Things You Didn’t Know About William Binder
- He holds an undergraduate degree in Biology from Syracuse University and obtained his medical degree from the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey.
- He spent the next two years of postgraduate internship and general surgical residency training in San Francisco.
- He went on to do a residency in head, neck, and facial plastic and reconstructive surgery at the Mt. Sinai Hospital in New York City.
- Dr Binder completed a one year of fellowship in advanced training in facial plastic and reconstructive surgery in Los Angeles, CA.
- Dr. Binder is currently an Associate Clinical Professor at the UCLA School of Medicine and an Attending Surgeon at Cedars Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles, California.
- In 1992, Binder discovered the use of Botox to alleviate sufferers of chronic migraine headaches.
- He is Board Certified by both the American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and the American Board of Otolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery.
- He is a fellow of the American College of Surgeons, the American Academy of Facial Plastic Surgery and the American Academy of Otolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery.
- Dr. Binder was elected to serve on the Board of Directors of the American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, for which he also serves as a National Board Examiner.
- Dr. Binder received the President’s Leadership Award from the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery for distinguished achievement and significant contributions to the field of aesthetic surgery and the certificate of Honor Award from the American Academy of Otolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery.
William J. Binder M.D., F.A.C.S.
120 S. Spalding Drive,
Beverly Hills, CA 90212