Wendy Book (born November 1966) is a board-certified American cardiologist in Atlanta, Georgia. She subspecializes in adult congenital heart disease and heart failure and transplantation.
Book is a Professor of Medicine, Division of Cardiology, Emory University School of Medicine.
Wendy Book Facts
- Full Name: Wendy Marie Book
- Age: 55 years old
- Date of Birth: November 1966
- Occupation: Cardiologist
- Nationality: American
Wendy Book Medical School & Residency
- Emory University School of Medicine – Fellowship, Cardiovascular Disease, 1995-1998
- Indiana University School of Medicine – Residency, Internal Medicine, 1992-1995
- SUNY Upstate Medical University – Medical School
Wendy Book Career
Dr. Book is a professor of medicine at Emory University School of Medicine in the division of cardiology in Atlanta, Georgia, and director of the Emory Adult Congenital Heart Center. She is board certified in internal medicine, cardiovascular disease, advanced heart failure and transplantation and adult congenital heart disease.
Dr. Book has 2 decades of experience in adult congenital heart disease, including clinical and research experience. In addition to ACHD, her background is in heart failure and transplantation.
She completed medical school at The State University of New York (SUNY) in Syracuse, New York, and her internship and residency at the Indiana University Medical Center in Indianapolis, Indiana, and completed her fellowship in Cardiovascular Disease at Emory University in Atlanta.
Dr. Book’s works have been recognized in numerous publications and she has received multiple awards, including the Emory University School of Medicine Alumni Award, and the Nanette K. Wenger Distinguished Service Award for outstanding contributions to Emory University School of Medicine for development of the Emory Adult Congenital Heart Center. She is a member of numerous organizations, including the Adult Congenital Heart Association; American College of Cardiology; American Society of Transplantation; and International Society for Heart & Lung Transplantation.
Certifications & Licensure
- American Board of Internal Medicine – Certified in Adult Congenital Heart Disease
- American Board of Internal Medicine – Certified in Advanced Heart Failure and Transplant Cardiology
- American Board of Internal Medicine – Certified in Cardiovascular Disease
- American Board of Internal Medicine – Certified in Internal Medicine
- GA State Medical License – Active through 2023
- NC State Medical License – Active through 2022
- Emory St. Joseph’s Hospital Atlanta, GA
Dr. Wendy Marie Book has the following 16 areas of expertise
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Attack
- Congenital Heart Disease (Patent Ductus Arteriosus)
- High Cholesterol
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- Heart Diseases
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Blood Clot
- Heart Transplantation
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Heart Failure
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aexcel PPO
- Alliant Health Plan
- Ambetter from Peach State Health Plan
- Anthem Blue Open Access POS Alternate Network
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice HMO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- BCBS GA BlueChoice Option POS
- Blue Open Access POS Plus – GA
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Coventry CoventryOne – GA
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- MEDICA CHOICE WITH UNITEDHEALTHC
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Compass HMO
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC NAVIGATE PLUS POS
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Location & Contact Information
Emory Heart And Vascular Center At Clifton Campus
1365 Clifton Rd NE Fl 2
Atlanta, GA 30322
1365 Clifton Rd NE Ste 2233
Atlanta, GA 30322
Data provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Electrocardiographic predictors of right ventricular volume measured by magnetic resonance imaging late after total repair of tetralogy of Fallot.
- Angiographic and clinical follow-up of percutaneous revascularization for transplant coronary artery disease.
- Routine surveillance endomyocardial biopsy continues to detect significant
- Images in cardiology. Chronic tuberculous pericarditis causing constrictive pericarditis.
- Carvedilol: a nonselective beta blocking agent with antioxidant properties.
- Fulminant mixed humoral and cellular rejection in a cardiac transplant recipient: a review of the histologic findings and literature.
- Congenital heart disease in the adult: 2004.
- Heart failure in the adult patient with congenital heart disease.
- Effects of pulmonary valve replacement on QRS duration and right ventricular cavity size late after repair of right ventricular outflow tract obstruction.
- Long-term results of angioplasty vs stenting in cardiac transplant recipients with allograft vasculopathy.
- Hepatitis B vaccination in heart transplant candidates.
- Effect of beta blockers (carvedilol or metoprolol XL) in patients with transposition of great arteries and dysfunction of the systemic right ventricle.
- Acute coronary syndrome as a first presentation of systemic lupus erythematosus in a teenager: revascularization by hybrid coronary artery bypass graft surgery and percutaneous coronary intervention: case report.
- Cyanosis produced by superior vena caval stenosis.
- Adult congenital pulmonary valve replacement: a simple, effective, and reproducible technique.
Wendy Book Net Worth
Wendy Book has an estimated net worth of $8 million.