Walter Dishell (born July 16, 1939) is a board-certified American plastic surgeon, otolaryngologist, and writer in Encino, California. He is popularly known for serving as a medical consultant and adviser on several long-running TV shows, including M*A*S*H, Medical Center, Trapper John, M.D., and Knots Landing.
Walter Dishell Facts
- Full Name: Walter David Dishell
- Nickname: Wally
- Age: 83 years old
- Date of Birth: July 16, 1939
- Place of Birth: Detroit, Michigan, U.S.
- Occupation: Plastic Surgeon, Otolaryngologist, Medical consultant, TV screenwriter
- Nationality: American
- Wife: Marilyn Dishell
- Children: Adam Dishell, Shana Richling, and Melissa Dishell
10 Things You Didn’t Know About Walter Dishell
- Dr. Dishell was born and raised in Detroit, Michigan.
- He was born on July 16, 1939, in Women’s Hospital and is 83 years old.
- His parents were Robert Dishell and Ida “Toddy” Dishell. His father was a salesman while his mother was a housewife. His father died on July 7, 1982, and his mother died on August 31, 2004.
- Walter Dishell’s brothers are Donald and Kenneth Dishell. Kenneth died on February 26, 2003, at the age of 72 years old.
- He obtained his medical degree from the University of Michigan and then completed residency at UCLA David Geffen School of Medicine/UCLA Medical Center.
- He is certified by the American Board of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, and the American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery.
- His break into the entertainment industry came when he was asked to be a medical adviser for the show Medical Center in the 1960s.
- He also served as the medical reporter for NBC News from 1983 to 1985, and frequently appeared on ABC’s A.M. Los Angeles as a medical consultant.
- Dr. Dishell established the Aesthetic Surgery Associates of Encino, California.
- Dishell has an estimated net worth of $5 million.
16311 Ventura Blvd, Encino, CA, 91436