Toby Meltzer, MD, FACS, (born September 19, 1957) is a board-certified American plastic and reconstructive surgeon in Scottsdale, Arizona. He is one of the leading surgeons in gender reassignment surgery male-to-female, gender reassignment surgery female-to-male, and facial feminization surgery.
Facts About Toby Meltzer
- Full Name: Toby Roger Meltzer
- Age: 64 years old
- Date of Birth: September 19, 1957
- Occupation: Plastic Surgeon
- Net Worth: $2 million
10 Things You Didn’t Know About Toby Meltzer
- Meltzer graduated from Louisiana State University school of medicine.
- He completed a residency in general surgery at the Louisiana State University School of Medicine and a plastic surgery residency at the University of Michigan.
- Meltzer began his practice working as a clinical professor of plastic surgery at Oregon Health Sciences University (OHSU). There he specialized in general surgery, plastic surgery.
- He completed a fellowship in surgery for the treatment of severe burn injuries at Oregon Health Sciences University (OHSU).
- He started performing Vaginoplasty at OHSU in 1993.
- Meltzer pioneered the neovaginal construction technique that increased the ability of the neo-clitoris to feel sensations.
- In 2003, Dr. Meltzer became the first surgeon in Arizona to specialize in Gender Surgery when he moved to Scottsdale to expand his practice.
- He is one of a few surgeons in the U.S. who performs metoidioplasty procedures to create male genitalia for FTM transmen.
- Meltzer also performs plastic surgical procedures like reconstruction of severed limbs, scar revision surgeries, and breast augmentation.
- He is a member of the American Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons, as well as the World Professional Association for Transgender Health.
- Suite 302
- 7025 N Scottsdale Rd, Scottsdale, AZ, 85253
- Phone number: (480) 657-7006