Saleem Abdulrauf (born February 1963) is a board-certified American in Saint Louis, Missouri. He is known for developing high-flow brain bypass surgery, a less invasive procedure for treating intracranial aneurysm.
Saleem Abdulrauf Facts
- Full Name: Saleem Ibrahim Abdulrauf
- Age: 59 years old
- Date of Birth: February 1963
- Occupation: Neurosurgeon
- Nationality: American
Saleem Abdulrauf Medical School & Residency
- Yale-New Haven Hospital – Fellowship, Cerebrovascular Neurosurgery, 1997-1998
- Henry Ford Hospital – Residency, Neurological Surgery, 1991-1997
- St Louis University School of Medicine – Medical School
Saleem Abdulrauf Career
Dr. Saleem I.Abdulrauf is the Founding Chairman of the Department of Neurosurgery at Saint Louis University (SLU), St. Louis, Missouri, USA. He is the Neurosurgeon-in-Chief and CEO, Abdulrauf Institute of Neurosurgery which is a consortium for the World’s Top Super-Specialized Neurosurgeons.
He is considered a leading figure in the field of neurosurgery. He has served as a visiting professor to over 100 universities around the globe. He has authored the main reference textbook for brain bypass surgery titled “CerebralRevascularization” in which Dr. Abdulrauf details extra-cranial to intracranial bypass surgery.
Additionally, he has pioneered a procedure forebrain bypass surgery that is named after him. He has served on the boards of multiple neurosurgical societies including the Congress of Neurological Surgeons (CNS), the North American SkullBase Society (NASBS), and the World Federation of Skull Base Societies (WFSBS).
His most preeminent role was his appointment as the inaugural global President of the Walter E. Dandy Neurosurgical Society, which is considered the primary international society for operative neurosurgery.
He was named the 17th President of the Society for Brain Mapping and Therapeutics (SBMT) 2019-2020. He has been named as one of the Best Doctors in America annually for ten years. Dr.Abdulrauf’s opinion is routinely sought for the treatment of complex cases by neurosurgeons from around the world.
Certifications & Licensure
- American Board of Neurological Surgery – Certified in Neurological Surgery
- MI State Medical License – Active through 2005
- CT State Medical License – Active through 1999
- AR State Medical License – Active through 2002
- IL State Medical License – Active through 2014
- Mercy Hospital South, Saint Louis, MO
- SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children’s Hospital-St. Louis University, Saint Louis, MO
- SSM Health St. Louis University Hospital, Saint Louis, MO
- SSM Health St. Mary’s Hospital-St. Louis, Saint Louis, MO
Saleem Ibrahim Abdulrauf MD, FACS has the following 10 areas of expertise
- Brain Tumor
- Brain Surgery
- Brain Arteriovenous Malformation (Intracranial Arteriovenous Malformations)
- Intracerebral Hemorrhage (Bleeding In The Brain)
- Cash/Self pay
Location & Contact Information
Abdulrauf Institute of Neurosurgery
4643 Lindell Blvd. #1215
St. Louis, MO 63108
Data provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Protocols and critical pathways for stroke care.
- Sumatriptan can alleviate headaches due to carotid artery dissection.
- Anomalous origin of the left A1 segment from the right internal carotid artery. Case illustration.
- N-butylcyanoacrylate embolization of a middle meningeal artery aneurysm in a patient with neurofibromatosis type 2.
- White matter fiber dissection of the optic radiations of the temporal lobe and implications for surgical approaches to the temporal horn.
- Anterior ethmoidal artery: microsurgical anatomy and technical considerations.
- An anteromedial approach to the temporal horn to avoid injury to the optic radiation fibers and uncinate fasciculus: anatomical and technical note.
- Blood pressure surge precedes intracerebral hemorrhage.
- Extracranial-to-intracranial bypass using radial artery grafting for complex skull base tumors: technical note.
- Surgery of intraventricular tumors.
- Minimally invasive superficial temporal artery to middle cerebral artery bypass through an enlarged bur hole: the use of computed tomography angiography neuronavigation in surgical planning.
- Anatomic relationship of the optic radiations to the atrium of the lateral
- Meckel’s cave.
- Localization of the Internal Maxillary Artery for Extracranial-to-Intracranial Bypass through the Middle Cranial Fossa: A Cadaveric Study.
- Decision-making process for the treatment of intracranial chordomas.
Saleem Abdulrauf Net Worth
Saleem Abdulrauf has an estimated net worth of $10 million.