Randall Starling (born August 1951) is a board-certified American cardiologist in Cleveland, Ohio. His subspecialties include heart failure and transplantation.
Starling is a Professor of Medicine, Kaufman Center for Heart Failure, Cleveland Clinic and Medical Director Heart Transplant Program and Mechanical Circ Support.
Randall Starling Facts
- Full Name: Randall Starling
- Age: 71 years old
- Date of Birth: August 1951
- Occupation: Cardiologist
- Nationality: American
Randall Starling Medical School & Residency
- Ohio State University Hospital – Fellowship, Cardiovascular Disease, 1985-1987
- UPMC Medical Education – Chief Residency, Internal Medicine, 1984-1985
- UPMC Medical Education – Residency, Internal Medicine, 1981-1984
- Lewis Katz School of Medicine at Temple University – Medical School
Randall Starling Career
Professor Randall C. Starling is a member of the Case Western Reserve University Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine faculty. Dr. Starling is an expert in caring for patients with acute and chronic heart failure, mechanical circulatory support, and heart transplants.
He has over 450 published manuscripts. His H-index is 102, and he has over 37,000 citations. Through 2018-2019, Professor Starling served as Past President of the Heart Failure Society of America.
Certifications & Licensure
- American Board of Internal Medicine – Certified in Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine – Certified in Advanced Heart Failure and Transplant Cardiology
- American Board of Internal Medicine – Certified in Cardiovascular Disease
- PA State Medical License – Active through 2004
- OH State Medical License – Active through 2025
- MA State Medical License – Active through 2006
- NY State Medical License – Active through 2009
- MI State Medical License – Active through 2019
- FL State Medical License – Active through 2024
- Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH
Randall Starling has the following 32 areas of expertise
- Heart Block
- Coronary Disease
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Heart Valve Prosthesis Implantation
- Heart Attack
- Heart Catheterization
- Low Cardiac Output
- Dilated Cardiomyopathy
- Unstable Angina
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Myocardial Infarction
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Transplantation
- Heart Failure
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Mitral Valve Insufficiency
- Pulmonary Hypertension
- Blood Clot
- Coronary Artery Bypass (Heart Bypass)
- Cardiogenic Shock
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy
- Heart Disease (Myocardial Ischemia)
- Myocardial Diseases
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Health Network Option Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Avmed Choice
- AvMed Empower
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS Florida myBlue
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Coventry FL Carelink HMO
- Coventry FL Employer Group HMO Open Access
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Medmutual OhioHealth Network MRF
- MMOH SuperMed POS Select
- MMOH SuperMed PPO Plus
- Multiplan PPO
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Compass HMO
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Location & Contact Information
Cleveland Clinic Main Campus
9500 Euclid Avenue
Cleveland , OH 44195
Data provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Preoperative risk factors for right ventricular failure after implantable left ventricular assist device insertion.
- Efficacy of tacrolimus in patients with steroid-resistant cardiac allograft cellular rejection.
- The impact of routine mycophenolate mofetil drug monitoring on the treatment of cardiac allograft rejection.
- Partial left ventriculectomy: sunrise or sunset?
- Long-term medical complications of heart transplantation: information for the primary care physician.
- Fluorescence spectroscopy of endomyocardial tissue post-human heart transplantation: does it correlate with histopathology?
- Mechanical cardiac support 2000: current applications and future trial design. June 15-16, 2000 Bethesda, Maryland.
Regional heterogeneity of function in nonischemic dilated cardiomyopathy.
- Mechanical cardiac support 2000: current applications and future trial design: June 15-16, 2000 Bethesda, Maryland.
Recurrence of giant cell myocarditis in cardiac allograft.
- Hypogammaglobulinemia following cardiac transplantation: a link between rejection and infection.
- Partial left ventriculectomy for dilated cardiomyopathy: is this an alternative to transplantation?
- Comparison of dobutamine-based and milrinone-based therapy for advanced decompensated congestive heart failure: Hemodynamic efficacy, clinical outcome, and economic impact.
- Management of the waiting list for cadaveric kidney transplants: report of a survey and recommendations by the Clinical Practice Guidelines Committee of the American Society of Transplantation.
- The role of vitronectin receptor (alphavbeta3) and tissue factor in the pathogenesis of transplant coronary vasculopathy.
- Edwards Cardioband System ACTIVE Pivotal Clinical Trial (ACTIVE)
- Web App Technology for Boys and Parents: Improving HPV Vaccine Uptake
- EntrestoTM (LCZ696) In Advanced Heart Failure (LIFE Study)
- Utility of Donor-Derived Cell Free DNA in Association With Gene Expression Profiling
- Outcomes AlloMap Registry: the Long-term Management and Outcomes of Heart Transplant Recipients With AlloMap Testing
- Confirmation Trial of the Acorn CorCap Cardiac Support Device (CSD) at the Same Time as Mitral Valve Repair
Randall Starling Net Worth
Randall Starling has an estimated net worth of $6 million.