Paul Cederna, M.D, FACS, (born 1963) is a board-certified American cosmetic, plastic and reconstructive surgeon in Ann Arbor, Michigan. He is the Robert Oneal Professor of Plastic Surgery, Chief of the Section of Plastic Surgery, and Professor in the Department of Biomedical Engineering at the University of Michigan.
Dr. Cederna is affiliated with University Of Michigan Hospitals & Health Center and VA Ann Arbor Healthcare System.
Paul Cederna Facts
- Full Name: Paul Stephen Cederna
- Age: 59 years old
- Year of Birth: 1963
- Occupation: Plastic Surgeon
- Nationality: American
- Salary: $250,000
10 Things You Didn’t Know About Paul Cederna
- Paul Cederna holds a BSc in Biomedical Engineering from the University of Michigan College of Engineering and a medical degree from the University of Michigan Medical School, graduating in 1989.
- He completed a residency in General Surgery and a fellowship in Microsurgery at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics.
- He also completed a Plastic Surgery Fellowship training at the University of Michigan Health System.
- Dr. Cederna went further to complete two years of basic science research training as a post doctoral research fellow at the Muscle Mechanics Lab.
- He is the Robert Oneal Professor of Plastic Surgery, Chief of the Section of Plastic Surgery, and Professor in the Department of Biomedical Engineering at the University of Michigan.
- Paul Cederna specializes in reconstruction of complex wounds. He has also led projects developing robotic prosthetics that use signals from the brain through nerve interfaces for amputees.
- He combines his clinical training in general surgery, microsurgery, and plastic surgery and background in biomedical engineering to incorporate creative solutions with technically challenging operations to solve the most difficult problems resulting from trauma, cancer, or burns.
- Dr. Cederna has a very active research enterprise directing the Neuromuscular Research Laboratory at the University of Michigan.
- He has received over $29,000,000 in direct research funding, authored over 350 scientific manuscripts, published 27 book chapters, presented his work over 800 times at national and international meetings, and has been asked to give over 400 extramural presentations.
- Dr. Cederna has been the Chairman of the American Board of Plastic Surgery, Chairman of the Plastic Surgery Research Council, President of the American Society for Peripheral Nerve, President of the Michigan Academy of Plastic Surgeons, and President for the Plastic Surgery Foundation.