Olakunle Akinboboye (born December 1960), is a board-certified Nigerian-born American cardiologist in Laurelton, New York. He subspecializes in nuclear cardiology, cardiothoracic imaging, non-invasive cardiology and preventive cardiology.
Olakunle Akinboboye Facts
- Full Name: Olakunle Akinboboye
- Age: 61 years old
- Date of Birth: December 1960
- Place of Birth: Maiduguri, Nigeria
- Occupation: Cardiologist
- Nationality: Nigerian
Olakunle Akinboboye Medical School & Residency
- Nassau University Medical Center – Fellowship, Cardiovascular Disease, 1991-1993
- Nassau University Medical Center – Residency, Internal Medicine, 1988-1991
- University of Ibadan – Medical School
Olakunle Akinboboye Career
Olakunle, a native of Nigeria, first attended the University of Ibadan College of Medicine before relocating to the United States, where he went on to Columbia University to obtain his MBA and master’s in public health.
Olakunle finished his cardiology fellowship at the State University of New York and his internal medicine residency at the Nassau County Medical Center. He continued on to Columbia University, where he finished a second fellowship that included specialized training in nuclear cardiology and a sophisticated echocardiogram.
He was promoted to associate professor of clinical medicine at Cornell University’s Weill Medical College in New York. He serves as the medical director of Rosedale, New York’s Laurelton Heart Specialist P.C. and Strong Health Medical P.C.
His areas of expertise include diabetes, clinical hypertension, coronary artery disease, and imaging of the heart. Leading American medical publications have ranked him as one of the best doctors in New York.
Certifications & Licensure
- American Board of Internal Medicine – Certified in Cardiovascular Disease
- American Board of Internal Medicine – Certified in Sleep Medicine
- NJ State Medical License – Active through 2001
- NY State Medical License – Active through 2023
- NYU Langone Hospitals New York, NY
- New York-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist HospitalBrooklyn, NY
- New York-Presbyterian Queens HospitalFlushing, NY
- St. Catherine of Siena HospitalSmithtown, NY
- St. Francis Hospital & Heart CenterRoslyn, NY
Dr. Olakunle O Akinboboye has the following 13 areas of expertise
- Heart Block
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Unstable Angina
- Weight Loss
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aexcel PPO
- Affinity Essential Qualified Health Plans
- CDPHP New York State of Health – Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Emblem Health Select Care Bronze
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Fidelis Care Essential Plan
- Fidelis Care NY State of Health HBX
- Fidelis Mrktplace
- Green Leaf Plans
- Healthfirst NY HMO ABCD
- Healthfirst NY Silver Leaf
- HIP Prime HMO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- I&F QHP Select Care Network
- Leaf Premier Plans
- MEDICA CHOICE WITH UNITEDHEALTHC
- MVP EPO/PPO
- MVP Liberty EPO/PPO
- MVP Preferred PPO
- NSLIJ Careconnect
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Savings Plus of Metro NY
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Compass HMO
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC NAVIGATE PLUS POS
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Location & Contact Information224-14 Merrick Blvd –
Springfield Gardens, NY 11413
Data provided by the National Library of Medicine
- One good turn deserves another.
- Comparison among tomographic radionuclide ventriculography algorithms for computing left and right ventricular normal limits.
- A Rare Association of Sinus Venosus-Type Atrial Septal Defect and Persistent Left Superior Vena Cava Detected by Transthoracic Echocardiography and Cardiac Magnetic Resonance Imaging.
- Right Atrial Myxoma and Syncope.
- Correlation of Prehypertension with Left Ventricular Mass Assessed by Cardiac Magnetic Resonance Imaging.
- Disparities in Revascularization After ST Elevation Myocardial Infarction (STEMI) Before and After the 2002 IOM Report.
- Assessment of left ventricular enlargement from planar thallium-201 images.
- Prediction of improvement of regional left ventricular function after surgical revascularization.
Olakunle Akinboboye Net Worth
Olakunle Akinboboye has an estimated net worth of $5 million.