Michael J. Yaremchuk, M.D., F.A.C.S (born 8 February 1950) is a board-certified American cosmetic, plastic and reconstructive surgery in Boston, Massachusetts. He is affiliated with Massachusetts General Hospital.
Michael J. Yaremchuk Facts
- Full Name: Michael John Yaremchuk
- Age: 72 years old
- Date of Birth: 8 February, 1950
- Plate of Birth: Detroit, Michigan, United States
- Occupation: Plastic Surgeon
- Nationality: American
- Wife: Marilynn Yaremchuk
10 Things You Didn’t Know About Michael J. Yaremchuk
- Dr Michael J. Yaremchuk was born on 8 February, 1950 in Detroit, Michigan, United States. He is 72 years old.
- He graduated from Cass Technical High School where he received the Kloss trophy recognizing him as its scholar athlete in his graduating class of 1,500 students.
- He attended Yale College where he graduated magna cum laude with a B.A degree in 1972. Dr. Yaremchuk went on to obtain a medical degree from the Columbia College of Physicians and Surgeons in 1976.
- He completed his surgical residency at Harvard Deaconess Hospital (1976-1982), and his plastic surgery residency at Johns Hopkins Hospital (1982-85).
- He is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and licensed to practice in Massachusetts, Maryland and Pennsylvania.
- Dr Yaremchuk was one of the first individuals in the world to specialize in the dual disciplines of craniofacial surgery and microsurgery, and in so doing was able to bring dramatic new solutions for combined bone and soft tissue problems.
- He is a Professor of surgery, Part-Time at Harvard Medical School and Chief of Craniofacial Surgery at its affiliated Massachusetts General Hospital.
- He is the Program Director for the Combined Harvard Plastic Surgery Training Programs and for the Massachusetts General Hospital Fellowship in Reconstructive and Aesthetic Craniomaxillofacial Surgery.
- His laboratory research has addressed the clinical application of tissue engineered cartilage and vascularized composite tissue allotransplantation. Dr. Yaremchuk is currently involved in efforts to bring xeno transplantation into the clinical reconstructive lexicon.
- Dr. Yaremchuk has authored four textbooks, each with a different educational focus: they include microsurgery, rigid fixation in craniofacial surgery, and aesthetic surgery. His fourth text is on diagnosis and treatment in Plastic Surgery.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Altius Provider Directory
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS Massachusetts Blue Care Elect PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access
- CIGNA PPO
- Cofinity PPO
- First Health PPO
- Great West PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PHCS PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- Tufts Health Plan PPO
- UniCare PPO
- United Healthcare – Direct Choice Plus POS
- United Healthcare – Direct Options PPO
Dr. Michael J. Yaremchuk
The Boston Center
170 Commonwealth Ave, Boston, MA 02116
View this post on Instagram