Jordan Deschamps-Braly, M.D., F.A.C.S (born April 1979) is a board-certified American plastic and craniofacial surgeon in San Francisco, California. He specializes in facial gender confirmation surgery for transgender people and is best known for co-developing a procedure for building a new Adam’s apple for trans men and is known for his work as a plastic surgeon for trans women.
Dr. Deschamps-Braly specializes in facial plastic surgery, orthognathic (jaw) surgery, and craniofacial surgery for adults and children. He is also one of the world’s foremost leaders and innovators in facial gender confirmation surgery.
Jordan Deschamps-Braly Facts
- Full Name: Jordan Deschamps-Braly
- Age: 43 years old
- Date of Birth: April 1979
- Place of Birth: Ada, Oklahoma
- Occupation: Plastic Surgeon
- Nationality: American
- Wife: Maya Alex (divorced in 2020)
10 Things You Didn’t Know About Jordan Deschamps-Braly
- Dr. Deschamps-Braly was born in 1979 in Ada, Oklahoma. He is 43 years old.
- His parents are George Braly and Dania Deschamps-Braly. His mother is a lawyer while his father owns an aviation business.
- He attended the University of Oklahoma Honors College where he graduated summa cum laude with an advanced degree in biochemistry in 2001.
- He obtained a medical degree from the University of Oklahoma College of Medicine in 2005 and then completed his general and plastic surgery residencies at the same hospital.
- Dr. Deschamps-Braly completed an ACGME-accredited craniofacial surgery fellowship at Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin with Dr. Arlen Denny.
- He is a delegate of the American Board of Plastic Surgery, a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, and the American Society of Maxillofacial Surgeons.
- He has his private practice in downtown San Francisco, the Deschamps-Braly Clinic of Plastic and Craniofacial Surgery.
- He also operates at St. Francis Memorial Hospital as well as Hayes Valley Surgery Center both centrally located in San Francisco.
- Dr. Deschamps-Braly is a clinical assistant professor of plastic surgery at the University of Oklahoma’s Division of Plastic Surgery.
- Dr. Deschamps-Braly married Maya Alexandrova on March 8, 2013, in a small, candlelit ceremony held in San Francisco. The couple met in Paris while Maya was still a student at Sorbonne studying contemporary literature and political science. On May 18, 2020, Jordan Deschamps-Braly filed a Family – Marriage Dissolution/Divorce lawsuit against his wife in San Francisco County Superior Courts, Civic Center Courthouse located in San Francisco, California.
View this post on Instagram