John Reinisch, MD, FACS, (born 1945) is a board-certified American plastic and reconstructive surgeon in Beverly Hills, CA with over 51 years of experience. He specializes in pediatric plastic surgery and is best known for developing the Medpor method of ear reconstruction for the treatment of microtia.
Facts About John Reinisch
- Full Name: John F. Reinisch
- Age: 78 years old
- Occupation: Plastic Surgeon
- Net Worth: $1 million – $5 million
10 Things You Didn’t Know About John Reinisch
- John Reinisch attended Dartmouth College and Harvard Medical School where he earned his bachelor’s degree and medical degree respectively.
- He did a residency in general surgery at the University of Michigan and Tulane University School of Medicine, and in plastic surgery at the University of Virginia.
- Reinisch also did residencies in craniofacial surgery and hand surgery at New York University Medical Center and the University of Louisville respectively.
- He is a pioneer in the field of pediatric plastic surgery. Reinisch has treated over 20,000 in over 51 years of his practice.
- In 1983, he founded the division of plastic surgery at Children’s Hospital Los Angeles and was also chairman of the division of plastic surgery at the University of Southern California, where he remains on the faculty.
- He is currently the director of Craniofacial and Pediatric Plastic Surgery at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center and a plastic surgeon at Cedars-Sinai Medical Group.
- He also works at the International Institute for Microtia Repair in Los Angeles
- John Reinisch has developed many of the techniques currently in use for the treatment of microtia, cleft lip, and palate, wound care, post-operative pain relief, vascular and pigmented birthmarks, and the use of tissue expansion in children.
- He has been recognized over the years as one of the best doctors by Los Angeles Magazine, the best children’s specialist by Parent Magazine, and a top plastic surgeon by Castle Connolly.
- Dr. Reinisch’s work in microtia treatment and his creation of the Medpor technique has won awards from both the American Association of Plastic Surgeons (AAPS) and the European Association of Plastic Surgeons (EURAPS).
Cedar Sinai Med Grp Plastic Sgy
250 N Robertson Blvd Ste 506 Beverly Hills, CA 90211