Gary Alter, M.D., F.A.C.S, (born July 1948) is a board-certified American plastic surgeon and urologist in Beverly Hills, California who specializes in sex reassignment surgery, genital reconstruction surgery, and facial feminization surgery. He also sub-specializes in genital plastic surgery, especially genital reconstruction.
Gary Alter Facts
- Full Name: Gary James Alter,
- Age: 74 years old
- Date of Birth: July 1948
- Occupation: Plastic Surgeon
- Nationality: American
10 Things You Didn’t Know About Gary Alter
- Dr. Gary J. Alter obtained a Doctor of Medicine degree from the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA after unsuccessfully completing a bachelor’s degree at the University of California, Berkeley.
- He went on to do a residency in Surgery, Urology, and Plastic Surgery at UCLA David Geffen School of Medicine/UCLA Medical Center, Baylor College of Medicine, and Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science respectively.
- Dr. Alter is one of the first surgeons with dual certification from the American Board of Plastic Surgery and the American Board of Urology.
- He is in the private practice of plastic and reconstructive surgery in Beverly Hills, California.
- He is also an assistant clinical professor of plastic surgery at UCLA School of Medicine.
- Dr. Gary J. Alter is well known for his inventions in the surgical field. He is the inventor of the central wedge labiaplasty (a.k.a Alter “V” labiaplasty) in the 90s and developed new procedures to repair botched labiaplasties.
- He has published a number of his procedures in journals and textbooks, some of which include new techniques for scrotum reduction and the modern male-to-female genital confirmation surgery.
- Gary Alter performs bodywork, including procedures such as body contouring, breast augmentation, buttock augmentation, and liposuction. He performed the bodywork on retired Olympic gold medalist, Caitlyn Jenner.
- Dr. Alter’s expertise in cosmetic and genital reconstruction led him to educate the world as a recurring physician on “Dr. 90210” on the E! Channel. This show ran for six seasons and is now in syndication in over 100 countries.
- He has featured in a number of media outlets, including The New York Times, The Los Angeles Times, The Wall Street Journal, USA Today, Allure, Self, Glamour, Marie Claire, Cosmopolitan, and Health.
416 N Bedford Dr, Beverly Hills, CA, 90210
View this post on Instagram