Emelia Benjamin (born September 1956) is a board-certified American cardiologist and researcher in Boston, Massachusetts. She is a Professor of Medicine at the Boston University School of Medicine, Professor of Epidemiology at the Boston University School of Public Health.
Emelia Benjamin Facts
- Full Name: Emelia J. Benjamin
- Age: 66 years old
- Date of Birth: September 1956
- Occupation: Cardiologist
- Nationality: American
Emelia Benjamin Medical School & Residency
- Brigham and Womens Hospital, Fellowship Hospital — 1990
- U Hosp, Residency Hospital — 1988
- Boston Medical Center, Residency Hospital — 1986
- Boston Medical Center, Internship Hospital — 1984
- Case Western Reserve University, Medical School — 1983
Certifications & Licensure
- American Board of Internal Medicine – Certified in Cardiovascular Disease
- American Board of Internal Medicine – Certified in Internal Medicine
- MA State Medical License – Active through 2023
- Boston Medical Center
Dr. Emelia J Benjamin has the following 29 areas of expertise
- Heart Diseases
- Myocardial Infarction
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Attack
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Insulin Resistance
- Heart Valve Diseases
- Heart Failure
- Coronary Disease
- Blood Clot
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Arteriosclerosis (Arterial Disease)
- Heart Block
- Long QT Syndrome (Long QT Interval Syndrome)
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Cardiac Arrhythmias
- High Cholesterol
- Aortic Diseases
- Metabolic Syndrome X
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Mitral Valve Prolapse
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS Massachusetts
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA HMO Blue Select
- BCBS MA HMO Blue with Managed Care Behavioral Health
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- Tufts Granite Advantage EPO, PPO and Saver
- Tufts PPO
- United Healthcare
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Location & Contact Information
Boston Medical Center
840 Harrison Ave
Boston, MA 02118
Data provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Why is left ventricular hypertrophy so predictive of morbidity and mortality?
- Prevalence and clinical determinants of mitral, tricuspid, and aortic regurgitation (the Framingham Heart Study)
- Prevalence and clinical outcome of mitral-valve prolapse.
- Epidemiology and significance of atrial fibrillation.
- Interpretation of echocardiographic measurements: a call for standardization.
- Risk factors for syncope in a community-based sample (the Framingham Heart Study).
- Diastolic heart failure–no time to relax.
- Hemostatic state and atrial fibrillation (the Framingham Offspring Study).
- Echocardiographic features of the right heart in sleep-disordered breathing: the Framingham Heart Study.
- Mitral valve prolapse: past misconceptions and future research directions.
- Synthesis of clyclopropyl analogs of stilbene and stilbenediol as possible antiestrogens.
- Mitral valve prolapse and atrial septal aneurysm: an evaluation in the Framingham
- Impact of age and sex on plasma natriuretic peptide levels in healthy adults.
- Obesity and the risk of heart failure.
- Incidence and prognosis of syncope.
Emelia Benjamin Net Worth
Emelia Benjamin has an estimated net worth of $10 million.