Dr. Samuel Lam, M.D., F.A.C.S, (born 1969) is a board-certified American facial plastic surgeon and hair transplant surgeon based in Dallas. He is triple board-certified by the American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, the American Board of Otolaryngology, serving the specialty of head and neck surgery, and the American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery.
Facts About Dr. Samuel Lam
- Full Name: Dr. Samuel Lam
- Age: 53 years old
- Year of Birth: 1969
- Place of Birth: Dallas, US
- Nationality: American
- Net Worth: $5 million
10 Things You Didn’t Know About Dr. Samuel Lam
- Dr. Lam completed his undergraduate studies at Princeton University graduating with a Cum Laude distinction, and his medical school at Baylor College of Medicine, where he received the distinction from his peers of the Bobby R. Alford Award for outstanding achievement in head-and-neck surgery.
- He trained for six years at Columbia University specializing in head-and-neck surgery. After completion of his residency, he pursued a competitive post-graduate fellowship in facial plastic and reconstructive surgery in New York.
- He has also spent considerable time abroad studying under prominent Japanese and Korean surgeons to perfect his knowledge of the Asian face after his cosmetic surgery fellowship.
- He is triple board-certified by the American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, the American Board of Otolaryngology, serving the specialty of head and neck surgery, and the American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery.
- Dr. Lam has authored over 250 scientific papers and book chapters and has had many of his articles translated into French and Spanish (both of which he speaks). Dr. Lam’s articles have been published in every major plastic surgery journal.
- He has completed work on eight major textbooks, Comprehensive Facial Rejuvenation (Lippincott, 2003), Cosmetic Surgery of the Asian Face (Thieme Medical Publishers, New York, NY, 2005), Complementary Fat Grafting (Lippincott, Williams, and Wilkins, Philadelphia, PA, 2006), Simplified Facial Rejuvenation (Springer Verlag, New York, NY, 2007), and Hair Transplant 360, Volume 1 (2010), Volume 3 (2014), Volume 1 (2nd Edition, 2015), Volume 4 on FUE (2015) (all by Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers, Ltd., Dehli, India).
- Dr. Lam’s books have been top sellers and have consistently sold out at major scientific meetings and throughout the world, being translated into Spanish, Portuguese, Korean, and Russian.
- Dr. Lam is also the 2002 recipient of the John Orlando Roe Research Award for his work on skin rejuvenation presented to him by the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Foundation. Dr. Lam has been honored as the “Surgeon of the Month” for January/February 2009 in the Hair Transplant International Forum by the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery.
- He is an accomplished and published photographer and illustrator. He completed all of the illustrations for three of his medical textbooks along with many drawings for his scientific articles and book chapters. He enjoys painting during his free time and has on display over 150 of his original paintings in the new wellness center.
- He paints portraits, abstract, impressionist, and expressionist styles using all media including acrylic, oil, watercolor, color pencil, ink, graphite, and pastel. He has taken many underwater photographs and has dived across the world as a certified PADI divemaster. He has had his photography published in the Miami Herald.
Lam Facial Plastics
6101 Chapel Hill Blvd Ste 101 Plano, TX 75093