Gerald Imber (born 1941) is a board-certified American Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive surgeon in New York, NY. He specializes in minimally invasive cosmetic surgery techniques to combat aging. Imber is an assistant clinical professor of surgery at the New York Hospital-Cornell Medical Center.
He was chosen by U.S. News & World Report and Castle Connolly as among the top plastic surgeons in the United States in 2013.
10 Things You Didn’t Know About Gerald Imber
- Imber attended the State University of New York Downstate College of Medicine and trained as a surgeon at the Long Island Jewish Medical Center and at Kaiser Permanente Hospital in Los Angeles, California.
- After serving in the Air Force for two years, he completed a residency in plastic surgery at the Weill-Cornell School of Medicine in New York and stayed on as an attending surgeon.
- His special interest is in facial rejuvenation and the treatment and prevention of facial aging.
- Imber runs a private surgery practice in New York City.
- He is an attending plastic surgeon at The New York-Presbyterian Hospital and assistant clinical professor of surgery at the Cornell School of Medicine.
- Dr. Imber has written many scientific papers and several books on antiaging strategies. In 1998, Imber published his first book, The Youth Corridor.
- He produces a line of skincare products called The Youth Corridor.
- The newest edition of Dr. Imber’s best-selling book “The New Youth Corridor” is a step-by-step guide to help undo the damage done by time, lifestyle, and the sun, helping you return to the best, most attractive version of yourself.
- His interest in medical history led to the 2010 publication of “Genius on the Edge,” his acclaimed biography of W.S. Halsted, the father of modern surgery.
- Dr. Imber is a frequent speaker and visiting professor, a consultant to numerous magazines, and often appears on national television.
Gerald Imber has the following 7 areas of expertise
- Cosmetic Surgery (Aesthetic Procedures)
- Mohs Surgery (Dermatological Surgery)
- Nose Job (Rhinoplasty)
- Neck Lift (Cervicoplasty)
- Liposuction (Lipectomy)
- Plastic Surgery (Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery)
- Eyelid surgery (Blepharoplasty)
GERALD IMBER, M.D., P.C.
121A East 83rd Street
New York, NY 10028
View this post on Instagram