Arthur Agatston (born January 22, 1947) is a board-certified American cardiologist and preventive medicine specialist in Miami Beach, Florida. He is also a celebrity doctor and creator of the South Beach Diet. His scientific research led to the Agatston score for measuring coronary artery calcium.
Arthur Agatston Facts
- Full Name: Arthur Stephen Agatston
- Age: 76 years old
- Date of Birth: January 22, 1947
- Place of Birth: Roslyn, New York
- Occupation: Cardiologist
- Nationality: American
- Wife: Sari K. Agatston
Arthur Agatston Medical School & Residency
- New York University Med Center, Fellowship Hospital — 1979
- Montefiore Hospital Med Center, Residency Hospital — 1976
- Montefiore Hosp Med Ctr, Internship Hospital — 1974
- Montefiore Hospital Med Center, Internship Hospital — 1974
- New York University School of Medicine, Medical School — 1973
Arthur Agatston Career
Agatston began his medical career as a member of the staff at New York University Medical Center. After a year, he accepted a post at the Mount Sinai Medical Center & Miami Heart Institute in Miami Beach, Florida, where he later rose to the position of director of the non-invasive cardiac lab.
He works at South Beach Preventive Cardiology and is currently the medical director for wellness and prevention at Baptist Health South Florida.
Certifications & Licensure
- American Board of Internal Medicine – Certified in Cardiovascular Disease
- American Board of Internal Medicine – Certified in Internal Medicine
- FL State Medical License – Active through 2024
- Mount Sinai Medical Center Miami Beach, FL
- Baptist Health Baptist Hospital Miami, FL
- Baptist Health South Miami Hospital South Miami, FL
Dr. Arthur Stephen Agatston has the following 18 areas of expertise
- Heart Cancer
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Attack
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Failure
- Coronary Disease
- Heart Block
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Blood Clot
- Heart Diseases
- Unstable Angina
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Commercial Insurance Company
- Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health Care of Florida
- Coventry Health Care of Florida, Inc.
- Golden Rule
- Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MVP Health Care
- UPMC Health Plan
Location & Contact Information
Baptist Health Medical Group South Florida
1691 Michigan Ave Ste 500
Miami Beach, FL 33139
Fax: (305) 553-8197
Data provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Effects of gender and age on the cardiac baroreceptor reflex in hypertension.
- The end of the diet debates? All fats and carbs are not created equal.
- Doppler echocardiography.
- Update for primary healthcare providers: recent statin trials and revised National Cholesterol Education Program III guidelines.
- Coronary calcium scoring at 100kVp: a new twist to a familiar test.
- Healthier options for public schoolchildren program improves weight and blood pressure in 6- to 13-year-olds.
- Effect of a two-year obesity prevention intervention on percentile changes in body mass index and academic performance in low-income elementary school children.
- Effective multi-level, multi-sector, school-based obesity prevention programming improves weight, blood pressure, and academic performance, especially among low-income, minority children.
- Cor triatriatum sinister in an adult: management guided by real time three-dimensional transesophageal echocardiography and stress echocardiography.
- Comparison of serial quantitative evaluation of calcified coronary artery plaque by ultrafast computed tomography in persons with and without obstructive coronary artery disease.
- Association between high-sensitivity C-reactive protein and coronary plaque subtypes assessed by 64-slice coronary computed tomography angiography in an asymptomatic population.
- Influence of diet on visceral adipose remodeling in NONcNZO10 mice with polygenic susceptibility for type 2 diabetes.
- Polypill therapy, subclinical atherosclerosis, and cardiovascular events-implications for the use of preventive pharmacotherapy: MESA (Multi-Ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis).
- The postcardiotomy syndrome following transvenous pacemaker insertion.
- Systematic review on noninvasive assessment of subclinical cardiovascular disease in obstructive sleep apnea: new kid on the block!
Arthur Agatston Net Worth
Arthur Agatston has an estimated net worth of $10 million.
Arthur Agatston Twitter