Christine Horner, M.D., FACS (born November 25, 1957) is a board-certified American plastic surgeon, natural health expert, award-winning author, and activist for the prevention and treatment of breast cancer.
She is popularly known for successfully running a national campaign to pass laws requiring insurance companies to pay for breast reconstruction following mastectomy.
Facts About Christine Horner
- Full Name: Christine Athena Horner
- Age: 64 years old
- Date of Birth: November 25, 1957
- Place of Birth: Galesburg, Knox County, Illinois, USA
- Occupation: Plastic Surgeon, Activist
- Nationality: American
10 Things You Didn’t Know About Christine Horner
- Dr. Christine Horner holds two board certifications: the National Board of Surgery and the National Board of Plastic Surgery.
- She is a nationally known surgeon, author, and natural health expert residing in San Diego, CA.
- Dr. Horner was recognized as a leader in her field after she successfully ran a national campaign to pass laws requiring insurance companies to pay for breast reconstruction following mastectomy.
- Dr. Horner is a popular radio and television program guest and has appeared on numerous national television shows including The Oprah Winfrey Show, NBC Nightly News with Tom Brokaw, FOX and Friends, CNN, and a Healthy You and Carol Alt.
- She has been featured in dozens of national magazines including Glamour, Ms. Magazine, Elle, Allure, Family Circle, Ladies’ Home Journal, and Women’s Health Weekly.
- She has been a regular contributor to magazines including Low Carb Energy, Let’s Live, the Doctors’ Prescription for Healthy Living, the American Cancer Society’s TLC Magazine, and currently writes columns for the Breast Cancer Wellness Magazine and Wellbella.
- In June 2002, Dr. Horner left her plastic surgery practice so that she could dedicate herself full time to writing and teaching about her passion: prevention-oriented medicine and how to become and stay healthy naturally.
- Dr. Horner’s first book, Waking the Warrior Goddess: Dr. Christine Horner’s Program to Protect Against and Fight Breast Cancer, was the winner of the 2006 Independent Publisher Book Award (IPPY) “Best Book of the Year for Health, Medicine and Nutrition”.
- Dr. Horner is a popular and charismatic speaker.
- Her engaging presentations on natural health topics have appealed to hundreds of audiences nationwide including both lay and professional groups.
Honors and Awards
Christine Horner, MD
PO Box 504223
San Diego, CA 92150