Arnold Lee Dellon, M.D., Ph.D., (born April 18, 1944) is a board-certified American plastic surgeon and author in Baltimore, Maryland. He is well known as the pioneer of the modern field of peripheral nerve injury.
Dellon is a Professor of Plastic Surgery and Neurosurgery at Johns Hopkins University and the founder of Dellon Institutes for Peripheral Nerve Surgery.
- Full Name: Arnold Lee Dellon
- Age: 78 years old
- Date of Birth: April 18, 1944
- Place of Birth: Bronx, New York
- Occupation: Plastic Surgeon
- Nationality: American
- Wife: Luiann Olivia Greer (m. May 15, 2004 )
10 Things You Didn’t Know About Arnold Lee Dellon
- Dellon was born on April 18, 1944, in the Bronx, New York. He is 78 years old.
- He attended Saddle Brook High School and then proceeded to obtain a BA in 1966 from Johns Hopkins University.
- He holds a medical degree from Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine and a Ph.D. from Utrecht University in the Netherlands.
- Arnold Lee Dellon had eight years of additional training after medical school before eventually completing a residency program in plastic surgery at Johns Hopkins Hospital in 1978.
- He is recognized as the first hand surgeon fellow at the Curtis National Hand Center, Baltimore.
- Dellon is a pioneer member and second president of the American Society for Peripheral Nerve (ASPN). He is also the founding member of the Association of Extremity Nerve Surgeons and was honored with its Lifetime Achievement Award in 2013.
- He is a Professor of Plastic Surgery and Neurosurgery at Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine and the founder of the Dellon Institutes for Peripheral Nerve Surgery.
- Dellon is a prolific researcher with over 450 scientific papers and an author of five books.
- He also held editorial positions in various journals in the field of plastic surgery including Annals of Plastic Surgery, Journal of Hand Therapy, Journal of Hand Surgery, (American Volume), and Journal of Reconstructive Microsurgery.
- Arnold Lee Dellon is married to Luiann Olivia Greer. They got married on May 15, 2004, and have three children together; Evan Samuel, Glenn George, and Brian Todd.
Dellon Institute for Peripheral Nerve Surgery
1122 Kenilworth Dr, Baltimore, MD, 21204