Alfonso Barrera, M.D., F.A.C.S (born September 30, 1954) is a board-certified Mexican-born cosmetic, plastic and reconstructive surgeon in Houston, Texas who specializes in facial rejuvenation surgeries, hair transplantation, and body contouring.
Alfonso Barrera Facts
- Full Name: Alfonso Barrera
- Age: 67 years old
- Date of Birth: September 30, 1954
- Place of Birth: Monterrey, Mexico
- Occupation: Plastic Surgeon
- Nationality: American
10 Things You Didn’t Know About Alfonso Barrera
- Dr. Alfonso Barrera was born on September 30, 1954 in Monterrey, Mexico. He is 67 years old.
- He attended Universidad Autonoma De Nuevo Leon, Monterrey, Mexico between 1970 and 1972 and graduated with a Bachelor’s degree in Biological Sciences
- He graduated with a medical degree from Universidad De Monterrey, Mexico in 1978.
- Dr. Barrera went on to complete a residency training in general surgery between 1978 and 1980 at Methodist Hospital of Dallas, Dallas, Texas before completing a three-year residency training in Otolaryngology – head and neck at the Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts.
- He also did residency training in Plastic Surgery at St. Joseph Hospital & Cronin, Brauer & Biggs Clinic Assoc. Houston, Texas between 1983 and 1985.
- Dr. Barrera is a Clinical Assistant Professor of Plastic Surgery at Baylor College of Medicine.
- He has been in private practice as a plastic surgeon in Houston since 1985 and is dedicated to the highest standards of excellence in plastic surgery and hair transplantation.
- Dr. Barrera is certified by both the American Board of Plastic Surgery and the American Board of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery.
- Dr. Barrera is affiliated with the following professional societies: Fellow of the American College of Surgeons, American Board of Plastic Surgery, American Board of Otolaryngology
- He served as chairman of the Plastic Surgery Section-Department of Surgery at Memorial Hospital, Memorial City in Houston from 2004-2008 and also as a member of the Executive Committee of Memorial Herman – Memorial City Hospital 2004-2008.
West Houston Plastic Surgery Clinic PA
915 Gessner Rd Ste 825, Houston, TX 77024
View this post on Instagram