Alan Matarasso, M.D., F.A.C.S (born October 1953) is a board-certified American cosmetic, plastic and reconstructive surgeon in New York, New York. He is affiliated with with Lenox Hill Hospital at Northwell Health.
Alan Matarasso Facts
- Full Name: Alan Matarasso
- Age: 68 years old
- Date of Birth: October, 1953
- Plate of Birth: New York, NY, United States
- Occupation: Plastic Surgeon
- Nationality: American
- Wife: Melissa Matarasso
10 Things You Didn’t Know About Alan Matarasso
- Dr. Alan Matarasso was born in October 1953 in New York, NY, United States. He is 68 years old.
- He attended public schools where he was a three-sport/letter varsity athlete and all county clarinetist.
- He graduated magna cum laude woth a Bachelor of Arts degree from Boston University in 1975. He went on to obtain a medical degree from the University of Miami-Miller School of Medicine.
- He completed training in general surgery and plastic surgery at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine-Montefiore Hospital.
- He also completed a fellowship in cosmetic surgery under the direction of Dr. Thomas D. Rees at Manhattan Eye, Ear, and Throat Hospital/Institute of Reconstructive Plastic Surgery-New York University Medical Center.
- Dr. Matarasso is a Professor of Surgery at Northwell Health System/Hofstra University, Zucker School of Medicine.
- He is a member of the American Association of Plastic Surgeons (AAPS), the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS), the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS), and the American College of Surgeons (ACS).
- He is a past President of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) and served on the Executive Committee and the Board of Directors, the largest society of board-certified plastic surgeons in the world.
- Dr. Matarasso has authored over 321 articles and 83 book chapters and monographs including editor of 7 Clinics in Plastic Surgery. He has presented 754 papers, posters, and lectures nationally and internationally.
- He is married to Melissa Matarasso.
|1009 Park Ave.,
New York, NY 10028
View this post on Instagram