Alan Duncan (born April 1965) is a board-certified American cardiologist in Rochester, Minnesota. He is an Assistant Professor of Medicine at the Mayo Clinic College of Medicine in Rochester, Minnesota.
Alan Duncan Facts
- Full Name: Alan Kendall Duncan
- Age: 57 years old
- Date of Birth: April 1965
- Place of Birth: Shreveport, Louisiana
- Occupation: Cardiologist
- Nationality: American
Alan Duncan Medical Education & Residency
- Mayo Med School, Fellowship Hospital
- Louisiana State University / School of Medicine In New Orleans, Medical School — 1995
- Johns Hopkins Hospital, Residency Hospital — 1992
- Johns Hopkins Hospital, Internship Hospital — 1990
- Louisiana State University / School of Medicine In New Orleans, Medical School — 1989
Alan Duncan Career
Duncan enrolled in a six-year accelerated program at the Louisiana State University School of Medicine after finishing primary school to earn a doctor of medicine degree.
Duncan finished his internship and internal medicine residency at the Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore, Maryland, after graduating from medical school. From 1992 to 1994, he remained a member of the Hopkins faculty in the role of clinical faculty, participating in the in-patient and outpatient resident teaching.
Duncan left Hopkins in 1994 to take up a fellowship in cardiovascular diseases at the Mayo Clinic, and in 1995 he started working there. He has served in a variety of capacities at Mayo, most notably as the vice chair for practice in the Division of General Internal Medicine.
Duncan is the SPARC Innovation Program’s medical director at the moment. This program introduces modern design thinking to a medical services business for the first time. In order to include user-centered design into the enhancement and development of new health services, the program operates a design studio embedded within a clinical practice.
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield (BCBS)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield (BCBS)
- Great West Healthcare
- Humana Health
- Multiplan PHCS
Location & Contact Information
200 1st St SW
Rochester, MN 55905
Data provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Curriculum in physician-patient communication skills for new faculty.
- An in-house learning laboratory for patient-centered innovation.
Alan Duncan Net Worth
Alan Duncan has an estimated net worth of $5 million.